We all know that the liver is the largest gland of the human body. It cleanses the blood of toxins, keeps vitamins and iron, dissolves hormones and maintains the level of glucose in the blood. Therefore we present a list of foods which clean liver from chemical contaminants such as heavy drugs, fatty foods and alcohol.
1. Cabbage – Cabbage is great liver cleaner. No matter what kind of cabbage you are going to choose, the effects are equally great.
2. Olive oil – Always choose healthy sources such as olive oil. This oil stimulates the body’s abilities to absorb and eject harmful substances.
3. Garlic – This natural antibiotic is very rich in sulfur which stimulates liver’s enzyme’s work and thus helps out body in the process of ejecting harmful compounds. Garlic also has allicin and selenium which are natural liver cleaners.
4. Beetroot and carrot – Prepare juice, soup, salad or any kind of meal using these two healthy ingredients. You will gain many health benefits including improvement of the liver’s work. This improvement is due to beta-carotene and flavonoids which can be found in carrots and beetroot.
5. Green vegetables – Eat vegetables that are rich in chlorophyll such as Swiss chard and spinach. These vegetables help in cleansing the liver by neutralizing heavy metals, pesticides and chemicals that harm this tireless organ.
6. Fruit rich in vitamin C – The biggest allies in the process of cleaning the liver are lemon, grapefruit and lime. These fruits contain high levels of Vitamin C, which stimulates liver’s work.
7. Green tea – This healthy drink is full of antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and protects the body from various diseases. So from time to time make sure you clean the body using a cup of green tea.
8. Apple – This delicious fruit that is full of health is a rich source of pectin and other essential elements that are essential when it comes to ejecting toxins from the body through the digestive tract.
9. Walnuts – These nuts contain amino acids that help the liver to get rid of of ammonia.
10.Asparagus – This vegetable contains substances ideal for natural detoxification of the body, especially foe the liver and kidneys.