It may interest you to know that your sleep posture has a great effect on your digestive system.
In antiquity, monks would lie down after each meal to help with digestion.
An ancient Oriental medicine known as Ayurvedic medicine advises that in order to aid proper digestion then people should lie on their left side.
According to Ayurvedic medicine you should lie on your left side for the following health benefits;
- It aids proper digestion
- It promotes blood flow to the heart
- It helps with a free flow of bile
- It helps in detoxifying the body of harmful substances
- It promotes the health of the spleen.
- It helps the heart to send blood down to other parts of the body
- It also promotes lymphatic drainage.
So when next you want to go to bed make sure you are positioned on your left side.
Your health can greatly improve just by this simple sleeping position.
Source: Fine Living Advice