We all are aware of the fact that most commercial dental pastes contain lots of toxic ingredients such as sodium fluoride, triklosan, artificial colors and aromas, propylene glycol etc. Of course, there are great natural toothpastes in the stores as well, but after we see the paste’s content, we know that we can make one at home all by ourselves. It will be cheaper than buying it and we will be sure what ingredients are we washing our teeth with.
Homemade pastes are simple and fun to preparation, and also safer and healthier for our teeth. Remember to use soft brushes with which you can massage your gums. Domestic pastes do not create foam because they do not contain the harmful sodium lauryl sulfate.
This natural paste is also pretty tasty, so, it will not be any problem for your kids to use it as well.
– 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda
– 1 tablespoon of stevia extract or half a teaspoon of dried crushed stevia leaves
– 15 to 20 drops of essential mint, cinnamon or orange oil.
Method of preparation:
Melt the coconut oil and then add all other ingredients. Mix until you get homogeneous mixture. Put the resulting mixture in a tube (you can buy empty tube from the drugstore) or in a small jar. Let the paste cool and harden.
Usage and storage:
Squeeze the paste out of the tube or dip the toothbrush in the jar scooping a small amount of toothpaste. You can use a small spoon to put the paste onto your toothbrush. Keep the tube or jar away from heat and light sources because of the essential oils contained in the toothpaste.
All people who used this paste stated the following:
– They have less plaque on the teeth
– It successfully neutralizes unpleasant garlic smell
– Many people got rid of caries years ago
– They all have beautiful polished teeth
Prepare this paste and try it out. Your teeth will be grateful!