Belly fat can make you look un-shapely and sexually unappealing to the opposite sex.
It will also make it difficult for you to wear certain outfits you would normally have loved to put on.
Engaging in yoga exercises in combination with a balanced diet brought about by a well thought out dietary plan will help you eliminate that belly fat in a short period of time provided you keep to your new found health routine.
Here are 5 yoga exercises you can try out today to help reduce that belly fat in no time at all.
1. The Cobra Pose (aka Bhujang asana)
You will reduce belly fat by strengthening your abs muscles when you engage in this exercise. Your spine’s flexibility will also be improved as A result.
- Get your legs stretched out while you lie on your belly, your palms should be placed just underneath your shoulders as well.
- Let your toes and chin touch the ground.
- Bend backwards and in the process raise your chest and slowly inhale.
- Keep this posture for 30 seconds.
- Bring your body back to its original posture while you slowly exhale.
- Try this yoga exercise five times, rest for about 15 seconds before each posture.
- Do not try this posture if you have ulcer or you have back issues and you are pregnant.
2. Try The Bow Pose (aka Dhanurasana)
You will tighten your abs and strengthen your core and at the same time get rid of that belly fat.
By rocking from back to front doing this posture you will actually improve your digestive system’s function and fight constipation problems.
- Let your legs be stretched out while you lie on your belly, let your arms be by the side of your body as well.
- Let your arms get hold of your ankles and feet while you bend your knees, hold this pose.
- Bend your head backwards and inhale in the process, lift up your legs as high as you can.
- Keep this posture for 30 seconds while you try to breathe as normally as you can.
- Stretch out your legs with your arms at you side, exhale as you get back to the start position.
- Try this posture for about 5 times resting for 15 seconds between each try.
3. Effective Pontoon Posture (aka Naukasana)
You will get rid of that embarrassing belly fat with this posture, while you strengthen the muscles in your back and legs.
- Stretch out your legs as you lie on your back, ensure your arms are placed on each side of your body.
- Raise your legs and keep them straight up as you inhale steadily.
- Ensure that your knees are not bent as you stretch out your legs as high as possible, while keeping your feet and toes raised as well.
- Achieve a 45 degree angle as your arms are stretched out towards your toes.
- Keep this posture for about 15 seconds as you maintain normal breathing.
- You should then release and exhale in the process.
- Try this posture for about 5 times, rest for 15 seconds between each exercise.
4. Try The Board Yoga Exercise (aka Kumbhakasana)
Strengthen and tone your back, arms, thighs and butt as well as burn that belly fat with this pose.
- Get your knees and hands under your arms and shoulders.
- Extend your legs behind your body while you step your feet back and tuck your toes under.
- Look ahead of your palms and inhale in the process, ensure that your spine and neck are aligned also.
- Make sure your abs muscles are tightened and hold this posture.
- Make sure your body forms a straight line.
- Your hands should be flat on the floor, while your fingers are spread out.
- Keep this posture for about 30 seconds.
- Drop to your knees as you gently exhale.
- Try out this posture for about five more times, give yourself a 15 second break between each exercise.
Note: Please do not attempt this posture if you have any kind of back or shoulder injury or even high blood pressure.
5. Effective Wind Easing Pose (aka Pavanamukthasana)
Get relief from any lower back pain, also tone your thighs, abs as well as hips.
Lie flat on your back with your legs stretched out and your arms at your sides.
- Stretch out your feet, ensure that your heels touch.
- Bend your knees, gently bring them to your chest and exhale in the process.
- Use your thighs to apply some pressure to your abs.
- Keep your knees in place as you clasp your hands and hold them underneath your thighs.
- Keep this posture steady for about 90 seconds, breathe deeply as you hold.
- Bring your hands to each side of your body as you release your knees and exhale in the process.
- Try this posture for five times and give yourself a 15 second break before each try.